Re: Some pics from Red Flag and recent trips to the area.

Message posted by lone wolf on September 02, 2003 at 18:06:24 PST:

Well, that was fun. The fence at the TTR sign is to prevent every square inch of the sign and missile from being plastered with decals. However, since 99% of the decals on the old sign were from the military, I have a suspicion a chain link fence and a bit of barb wire won't stop these guys. Incidentally, that missile is a fake of sorts since the front end is a B-61 and the back a Nike booster stage, a very unlikely combination.

Regarding the white thingamajig at the Little Alien, I've been doing a bit of email with "aeroframe." He noticed in Monday afternoons session that a pilot referred to a "roland" near the north farms. I have verified this and in fact found roland mentioned in some older recordings I made. The link provided shows a roland with the missiles attached, unlike the ones we photographed. Some on the net claim roland systems shot down A10's in the Gulf War II, though I haven't verified this on known government (i.e. .mil) websites. Iraq had a mixture of European and Soviet air defenses. Besides roland, they had pluto and side-net from reports I saw.

Attached link: shameless plug for andreas parsch's website

In Reply to: Some pics from Red Flag and recent trips to the area. posted by BlackF150 on September 02, 2003 at 15:12:27 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]