Re: Red Flag 2003, The Summer Tour

Message posted by BlackF150 on September 01, 2003 at 11:17:54 PST:

I really can't add too much to the other trip reports. Other than my own experience away from the rest of the group on Wednesday, waiting for the afternoon Red Flag to start. I drove to the back gate again, just to see what could be seen, and just to be a pain to the cammo's. :-) I decided to get out and snap some pictures, the radar sites, guard house, signs, cammo truck etc... While I was walking the fence line and taking pictures (I guess I had been walking around out there for about 10 mins) I was looking through my binoculars at the radar sites when I removed them from my eyes and glanced over to the guard house. Right at that time, a cammo dude opened the door, leaned out and yelled "HEY KARL, PHONE CALL FOR YOU!". Needless to say I was absolutely stunned. I wasn't able to say anything. I had a cammo standing in the door way looking right at me and I couldn't even think of something to say. Using Gary's phrase "I almost went into cardiac vapor lock". I know that I wasn't being hit by the Wacko Beam, because Jolene was sitting in the truck the whole time and she heard him yell too. After the cammo slammed the door I walked back over to the truck, trying not to look too stunned. After asking if she had heard that too, I stood in front of the gate to snap a few more pictures. I couldn't believe it, the guy was messing with me again! He raised the front gate a few inches then closed it, then raised it a little and closed it.
Score: Cammos - 1 ------- BlackF150 - 0
I know that they ran my plates but I sure wasn't expecting that close encounter of the cammo kind. We decided to take off back to the Inn, however when we got there I discovered we had a flat and had to change it. Elizabeth came outside to watch and give moral support. The rest of the day was spent at Coyote.
BTW besides "Whislte Ass" I think one of the mottos for this trip had to be "Oh well, lets wait for the egress". Overall a great time, can't wait for the October Flag.
Last but not least to my buddy at the back gate, next time please take a message!

In Reply to: Red Flag 2003, The Summer Tour posted by Gary Emry on August 31, 2003 at 11:39:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]