Edwards AFB Airshow

Message posted by speedbird15 on August 24, 2003 at 7:40:03 PST:

I'm an Italian aviation enthusiast and photographer. I've been to Nellis AFB two times, in 1997 for the Golden Air Tattoo, and in March 1991 for a Red Flag. I'm very sad about the news coming from North Nellis being fenced and enforced, because that was one of my world's favourite spots. I'm planning to attend the Edwards AFB Airshow the next October : I've heard that now, for security reasons, large backpacks are no more allowed on the flightline. Is this true ? There are any chances to keep heavy photographic equipment on the flightline ? Is it possible to ask in advance to have a special permission ? Being a serious enthusiast, the main reason for my travel will be HAVE A LOT OF GOOD SHOTS OF AEROPLANES. If this will be no more possible, I have to reconsider my travel. One last question : is it true that next Red Flag will take place in mid October ? This could be a tremendous chance for me. Many thanks to all of You (Hank, Joerg, LoneWolf and the others) for Your invaluable help. I hope to encounter all of You the next October. Ciao !!!

Attached link: My Home Page

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]