Ok i see commenting is needed here on afterburners and Location of light

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on August 20, 2003 at 12:37:45 PST:

Regarding the lights the we saw, now pay attention here lonewolf while we were traveling on ET highway 375 and about 2 or 3 miles away from mailbox, heading too Ale’inn, that means our direction of travel was N/NW and we saw that they were on our right and about our 2 o clock position. Meaning they would be either east or northeast of us and on the other side of ET highway 375 and nowhere near Groom lake mountains. Norio thinks they’re helicopters, I think that they were jets. But there was no sure way to tell.

Regarding the Norio’s triangle craft sighting according to his description the whole underside was fluorescent colored lighted. Which would not be incorrect with lighting spots under a fuselage and that does make a big difference.

I’m sorry the as per the postings on the issue of the F-22 not having afterburners the nay sayer crowd is incorrect. Item A: all realistic PC based flight sim’s with f-22’s in them do clearly have afterburners as a part of the airframe package. Item B: The engine exhaust area in all photos of the f-22, does clearly show a silvery colored section. Which would indicate as such. Item C: I have a video tape I bought at an air show of the F-22 clearly showing a plume flame coming from the silvery colored, engine exhaust exit area of the F22 and vectored up, relative to the fuselage during a flight test. Now! either a popular mechanics or popular science, magazine has picture of the F119 engine, on a engine test stand and clearly with a blue plume flame, coming out the engine exhaust exit, vector nozzle section.

The afterburner nay sayers are correct, that F-22 doesn’t need afterburners too go into and maintain, mach 1. Like the F-15 and F-16 needs too. But! That doesn’t mean that they didn’t incorporate into the airframe package a “reheat section,” proper technical term thank you Magoo and generally referred to as the “afterburner section” and commonly called “afterburners” amongst aviation enthusiasts.

In Reply to: Re: Norio and Aaron's area 51 trip part 2 Tuesday aug 12 posted by lone wolf on August 19, 2003 at 12:57:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]