Re: Nellis: NO TREPASSING

Message posted by Hank on August 02, 2003 at 15:26:25 PST:

I have been taking pics at the north fence for at least 10 years and would hate to lose my spot. In anticipation of this happening based on the rumors that have been around for a while I did some exploring on the Sunrise Mtn.side.If you go north on Lake Mead Blvd. into the Sunrise Mtn. community about a mile passed Nellis Blvd.About 1/2 mile past Hollywood Blvd. you make a left on a street with Arroyo in the name.This will take you to a dead end where there is a city park and a pistol range past the park entrance. If you turn into the park entrance their are some baseball fields. Walk west past the ball fields and the outdoor jons and you will have a view of the entire base north to south. You will have a view of both runways,the tower, all the hangers and any aircraft that may be parked there.You can see right into the Raptor hanger from there if the doors are open. I would make an uneducated guess that you are probably a mile from the base, and at least 100 feet above it. I could read tail numbers with a cheap pair of 10x50s. Iam sorry that I dont have the exact directions, but I will be at Red Flag starting the 10th and I will post proper street names with exact directions and the GPS numbers when I get home.
Hank

In Reply to: Nellis: NO TREPASSING posted by Jim Bob on August 02, 2003 at 12:49:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]