Re: U.S. Air Force Special Crop Circle Investigative Unit?

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on August 02, 2003 at 5:50:42 PST:

Crop circles seem to be all over the world, nobody takes credit for them, and have no earthy purpose so therefore they MUST be done by aliens. Well in that case, SPAM e-mails fall in the same category so they must be of alien origin as well. There has been enough crop circle hoaxers that have stepped forward to confess, but like the Loch Ness monster, this refuses to go quietly into hoax heaven.

I cannot BELIEVE the time and effort the crop circles believers and websites put into this phenomena. They put up a picture of a old tree and say it's proof of alien intervention because it's missing some bark. Wow, no other way THAT could have happened; sent shivers up my spine.

IF, and that's a big IF, aliens are doing this, it proves that aliens have higher intelligence and at least some go to college and some of those join fraternaties and some of those fraternaties have access to interstellar craft. I'm only surprised that if the crop circles are really done by extraterrestials they have not found empty six-packs of Alpha Centuri lite beer scattered around. Maybe it's the equivalent of intergalatic cow-tipping.

In all reality it'd be like one of use driving fron New YorK to LA to just find an ant hill to poke holes in, and then drive back never knowing if the ants noticed or cared. I bet they plan their trips with more concrete tasks in mind. Somebody has to pay for the gas.

If the Air Foce is looking into this they have WAAAY too much time in their hands, and ought to concentrate on real Air Force issues like resodding base golf courses and upgrading the O-club.

All in all crop circles are a nice distraction and proof that engineering can also fall into the "Idiot Savant" category at times.

If I've offended any crop circle believers, I am sorry, but just like the college student who was dissappointed with "Reign of Fire" (weren't we all) because he thought the dragons were going to talk, I can only try to understand that everyone has their own expectations and unrealized needs. Just like politics where people fall into two categories,(1) people who support my views and (2)idiots, there are opinions for everything.

I would hope to think that crop circles are done by aliens, and that we are improtant enough to warrant visitation, but I think that E.T. would have a more busy "to do" list than wander around giggling in wheat fields trampling stalks. Like abductions; and I vote Martha Stewart.

In Reply to: Re: U.S. Air Force Special Crop Circle Investigative Unit? posted by lone wolf on August 01, 2003 at 11:30:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]