Re: Who works at Area 51?

Message posted by Jeremy on July 17, 2003 at 8:05:07 PST:

I was researching CIA Careers....and the Clandestine Services Operations Officer (Which I assume is the Spy) says the following:

"Central Intelligence Agency's Clandestine Service Trainee Program is the gateway to a unique overseas experience. To qualify you must have first-rate qualifications: a bachelor's degree with an excellent academic record, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to write clearly and accurately, and a burning interest in international affairs. A graduate degree, foreign travel, foreign language proficiency, previous residency abroad, and military experience are pluses. We are particularly interested in candidates with backgrounds in Central Eurasian, East Asian, and Middle Eastern languages, and those with degrees and experience in international economics and international business as well as in the physical sciences. Entrance salaries range from $43,500 to $60,400, depending on credentials."

If I double majored in Electrical Engineering and Korean (or Arabic), and advanced my EE to a masters (Im gonna hopefully work my ass off during the undergrad program so I can transfer to MIT for grad program), and I worked in the NG (not active duty....the 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year) for 8-10 years, do you think that would be considered competetive for this position? Im a pretty good writer as well.

And I hope they grill me and try to get me to crack under pressure and tell them something (is it like a test, where they give you a piece of info and you cant tell it to the interrogaters?)...I think I could really shine there.

In Reply to: Re: Who works at Area 51? posted by Hal on July 17, 2003 at 7:37:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]