"Groom Lake" movie

Message posted by RedOctober on July 13, 2003 at 17:48:51 PST:

Well I just got done watching the so called "Groom Lake" movie. I thought it was a good time-waster flick but indeed it's meant for strictly general entertainment purposes only. Yes, as the reviewer wrote, I automatically noted that it was filmed on digital videotape. I don't think the director, William Shanter intended the film to have much basis off of the real Area 51.

I will not tell the plot-line or the ending since this would be unfair to the people who have not yet watched it. I think the "small town" locals were portrayed way too extreme as UFO nuts as they were in the film.

Typical Sci-Fi channel Flick, entertaining but was made mostly just for the average public who generally look mostly at the UFO aspect of Area 51/Groom Lake.

Was going to say more but I don't want to spoil the film for the others who said they would tune in. But... the base seemed oddly familiar.... reminds me of the military installation in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" And I liked the quote given by the "Fed" Went something like this... "We shot lasers in the sky while we tested the B-2 so that the public would think they were seeing UFOs"

RedOctober

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]