Answers....

Message posted by Steve A. on January 28, 2001 at 01:00:28 EST:

I am also glad that your friend didn't take his wife and kids with him when he committed suicide..That still doesn't excuse your quote you made and your extremist left views and infringing on my freedoms.

On V22,... Go back and read my last post about it again SLOWLY. You are missing my point entirely. My problem with you on that issue is not necessarily your views or even who is to blame..MY problem is the way you presented the charge mixed in with criticisms of GW Bush. If you were going to post about that, you should have said something like this in with it, "..However to be fair, the Clinton administration had a sound lapse in accounting when they lost several billion under their watch in the pentagon.." Do you see the difference? That way it least SEEMS to be level criticism. I still know you are left-leaning because of your extreme quotes in some emails from you...But, when I as a disinterested reader can't tell which way you lean, then you are sucessful in presenting FACTS and not political tripe.

On SDI..One word will sum up my answer..DEVELOPMENT..We need extreme, agressive development to make this an unbeatable DEFENSIVE weapon. The technology is really in it's infancy..Using your philosophy, you would have been arguing for pay raises, land invasions and sea blockades before Hiroshima..Oftentimes new technology doesn't work as expected, but once perfected is even better than we expected..

Besides, I am not arguing against tighter borders..AGAIN, read my posts slower. I think we need BOTH tighter borders and a missile defense...and we will get this under Bush. We sure didn't under Clinton who once again said, "I LOATHE the military".

You say, "...why it won't encourage the rest of the world to build more warheads to overwhelm the system, not unlike a "denial of service" attack on a web site.."

Again, it is going to take much development to make it more foolproof, but I ask you this..Are you saying that we are and should be, in such a beaten down, defensive mode right now that we are NOT any threat to the rest of the world? That IS a scary left wing thought..We should always have a DEFENSIVE upper hand..I don't mean ICBM's in Romania, but a viable, well tested system that is defensive in nature. It would be much more easily swallowed by the former Warsaw pact than more missiles..Besides, SOMEONE is going to eventually build a similar system to thwart OUR missiles..We might as well get the jump with some new technolgy and research.
Steve A.

In Reply to: Re: OK, the facts posted by gary on January 28, 2001 at 00:31:50 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]