Just being honest

Message posted by gary on January 27, 2001 at 23:21:14 EST:

Let's stick to the facts. First, most of the choices Bush made are pretty poor, but lets stick to the case of Rumsfeld. I cut the guy some slack, but the missile defense is a joke. Now he is saying that if we don't develop the missile defense system, another country will. Let's suppose China comes up with a workable missile shield (even though we can't seem to do it). What would the US do? Well, duh, they would come up with a better missile. Faster, harder to detect, MIRV, etc. At the very least, you would increase the number of warheads you had to make sure one would get through. Simple logic. OK, we agree on that. Then if "we" have the missile defense shield, our enemies will come up with a better missile and/or more missiles. Like I said, spend the money guarding the border, which is the easiest pathway to cause mayhem in this country.

Using logic is not left wing or right wing, it simple requires clear thought without an agenda.

Today Bush annouced he is going to do unilateral warhead reduction. Again, this is absolutely stupid and I will explain logically why this is stupid. If you really wanted to reduce the number of warheads you had, you would find some way to work this into a treaty and get something for your efforts. Again, this is simple logic, not left or right wing.

Did I blame the missing 2 billion on Bush. No, I didn't, thank you very much. The V22 project is so old it goes back to the days when Cheney was Secretary of Defense. He hated it then and he hates it now, even if it is made in Texas. Is that a criticism of Cheney? I don't think so.

We don't know for a fact there will be more activity at A51 with Bush versus Gore. For instance, he may favor live fire training versus ECR, which would shift activity to Florida for obvious reasons. Nobody "knows" what would of happened.

Please find the quote I sent you about "anyone owning a gun should go to jail", and then if you find it (which you won't of course because I never said it), please take this up in personal correspondance, not this forum. Again, my email address in the forum is legit.

Futher, personal attacks are really uncalled for.

In Reply to: Why, WHY do you have to be so pathetically liberal? posted by Steve A on January 27, 2001 at 22:56:28 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]