Need help tracking down a B-17

Message posted by Watcher on July 03, 2003 at 1:36:21 PST:

Greetings to all those on the A-51 discussion form.

A while ago, a friend of mine was telling me about a B-17 bomber that he was flew in WWII and was trying to track it down. It was BUNO 6135. I researched it up to the point of finding out that it was converted to F-9B photo recon platform, thats where the trail ended. If anyone can knows the location of this airplane, please let me know.

My friend told me that the name "Bombing Betty" was scratched onto a panel inside the lower aft gun turret (in the general area above the gunners head). The person that wrote this into the panel apparently died. The day he died, a mechanic was yelling at him bacuase the turret bubble got scratched (something like that), from what I was told, and my friend would like to know if this airplane is still around today. He is also trying to locate the mechanic that was yelling at his friend the day he died.

If anyone can help me in locating the aircraft or the people, please let me know on the forum. I would really like to help my friend out before he passes on. Support our troops, and the Vets as well.

The truth is out there (somewhere)

Watcher

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]