maps

Message posted by lone wolf on June 23, 2003 at 20:06:58 PST:

Since the new range map has become a hot item of late, there are a few other maps that may be of interest. I mentioned the Las Vegas FAA section map in another post. However, Edwards is in the LA section map, so you may want that as well.

For those driving around the BLM land, it is good to check their maps regarding what property they own and what is deeded, i.e. private, property. When I have a question regarding no-tresspassing signs, I check with the BLM and double check with the county assessors office before ignoring the illegal signs that often crop up. [The first no tresspassing sign you see on the way to Halligan Mesa is an example of an illegal sign. The feds do own the fenced in part of the mesa, but not the road heading towards the top.] The Lincoln County maps are sold through the Las Vegas BLM office. The Nye county maps are purchased through the office in Tonopah. Why each office can't have maps for both counties is a good question. You don't have to buy the maps, i.e. you can just view them in the office.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]