Re: New stealthy bomber released by Lockheed Martin

Message posted by Paul on June 12, 2003 at 17:58:20 PST:

Hey,
Just got back from Detroit,Thanks for the intrest.
The plane was not hearly high enough to be in the clouds,like I said it was at about the same altitude as the little cessnas that fly local,when me dad used to fly that was around 1000-1500 ft.,I wasn't under the thing,but it was't more than an 1/8 of a mile out.It disappeared due to its speed,Jet black,had the grainy look,no light glinting off of it.The cockpit area looked very much like the SR-71,that angular look.
On the path it was on,it would have passed around 20-22 miles north of the Greater Rockford airport,that tower controles airspace out here,but I don't know how low,but as low as the plane was,and figuring that it is stealthy,my guess is they may have had vague intermitant contact,and at such a high speed I'll bet it was less than 15 seconds,and being that low they din't have to worry about airline planes,Chicago does stack them out this far when they have problems.
Lets see,one odd thing that my dad and I both saw was a white stobelite from a plane that appeared way off in the northwest and came over our position,went south east of Rockford,hung a u-turn and went back from where it came from.Its altitude was like commercial height.Didn't hear any noise that time either,dad was freaking out,I told him not worry unless it stoped and just hovered. The neatest thing we used to see was the two C-130's that flew over every night. Once we saw a c-141 drop behind a hill and pop up the other side. Over our steer farm one morning we saw a c-130 fly over,we waved,they cicled,came over some woods,settled just above the trees,and when the pilot throttled those 4 tubines the tree tops rustled. Thats about all,Paul

In Reply to: Re: New stealthy bomber released by Lockheed Martin posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 09, 2003 at 23:11:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]