Re: New stealthy bomber released by Lockheed Martin

Message posted by Paul on June 09, 2003 at 21:20:59 PST:

Hi,
My sighting was like 5-6 yrs ago,July or August,just before the testers model of the Penetrator came out. We live about 25 miles west of Rockford IL.,on a farm. We had gotten done making hay for the day and they were calling for rain.It was somewhere near 4in the afternoon because I was going to the house to grab a snack before chores. Anyway I was looking off to the west checking out the darker clouds coming in and I saw this plane,if you were facing north like I was the plane appeared at a 9 o clock position,moving east extremly fast,I saw it for only about 2-3 seconds.The planes front half looked like a blackbird,but the back looked just like this plane that Lockheed unvailed.The plane was black,delta winged with the engines inboard,because the exhaust was centered,not close like an F-22,but spaced apart a little. This thing was not flying very high either,similer in altitude to small local planes.The plane was headed east,and the wildest thing of all is I listened and heard no sound.
I know witch planes are what because its kind of a hobby,I called testers at the time, and they referred me to a guy in Arizona,they thought it was this sr-75 penetrator,but I told them that this planes vertical stablizers were close to the body, not at the outside edges like the model,and there wasn't any nacells under the wing.
Well thats what I saw,Hope that helps,e-mail me if I can help in any other way.
Thanks,Paul

In Reply to: Re: New stealthy bomber released by Lockheed Martin posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on June 07, 2003 at 21:48:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]