Raytheon new weapon on Australian radio

Message posted by will on April 09, 2003 at 20:51:51 PST:

Friends,
Although very new to this forum, I thought you might be interested in a news item that appeared on (Aust) ABC radio (our national broadcaster here).

An evening current affairs programme was reviwing the war in Iraq (I'm very pleased our coalition is knocking over Saddam and his cronies) and discussing the next generation of weapons.
An exec. from Raytheon was interviewed where he mentioned that they were working on a directed energy device the physics of which Raytheon was confident of grasping where a field would immobilise a group of people so they could not move and when switched off they would be unharmed .
He described it as an effective Non lethal weapon.

I was driving home from work and only half listened initially, but listened rapt at the following device he described.
I wish I had the mans name but I will check with the ABC here and try to learn more.

I've read of the work by Dr Podkletnov and the work Boeing is supposed to be looking at (an 'impulse' beam), could this Raytheon work be related I wonder?.

Thank you for your interest and I'd be pleased to learn more if anyone can oblige.

Cheers all.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]