Re: Some of us talk more than others.....

Message posted by zipper on April 08, 2003 at 18:00:06 PST:

As I see it, the purpose of this site is to provide a place for people with common interests to be able to share their experiences with the each other. That might be via outstanding photos, interesting trip reports from people lucky enough to visit the area, or items provided by earlier "investigators". I don't know anyone that hasn't enjoyed reading "The Hunt For 928" by Tom Mahood. Sure, there are some that are only interested in Black project spending, just plain pissed because of the way some exposed workers families have been denied proper compensation, or truly believe there is some kind of alien connection, but I have been hanging around this site almost from it's inception and I think a majority are just plain "aircraft nuts" or suffer from that very human trait of "wanting to be first to know". Let's face it, anything that is SECRET, makes people want to know..... Heck, some people may just want to keep in touch with the place - it is at least a 3rd generation airbase. As has been said before, there are many knowledgeable people on this forum that come from all walks of life and I think it is GREAT that we can all share that. For example, how many people have gained photography knowledge. The wealth of knowledge shared on this site is huge and would be valuable even if The Ranch did not exist. Furthermore, I don't think there is anyone here that is interested in giving away anything that is truly in the interest of national security. If there is, I want a piece of them! In short, there are all kinds of reasons for this OUTSTANDING site to exist and if you can't figure that out - move on.... You can knock the "secrecy" you don't understand, but if places like The Ranch didn't exist, the USA would not have the technological "upper hand" it now has.

I can't say it enough - THANKS Joerg and the DLR Team for sharing!!

zipper

In Reply to: Re: Some of us talk more than others..... posted by Toms on April 07, 2003 at 23:53:24 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]