Re: Interesting Patent Number/Stealth Aircraft

Message posted by lone wolf on April 05, 2003 at 17:28:45 PST:

The heat pipe patent would not counter the air heating effects of the device designed to quiet the sonic boom. This patent is designed to make the body temp match the background temp, but I don't think you could ever hide the jet engine exhaust thermal plume or the superheated air used to quiet the sonic boom.

The other patent is a design patent, which of course doesn't mean the product exists. Design patents are very low on the food chain. I was a bit surprised to see one for the shape of a plane, but these days everybody trades patents, so why not patent the shape of a plane.

As you can probably sense, I don't like patents, especially ones that are just really obvious applications of technology. In theory, if something is obvious to someone skilled in the art, it is not supposed to be patented. However, the USPTO prefers to simply grant the patent and let everyone fight it out in court.

Here is a patent near and dear to my heart:
D440,525

In Reply to: Re: Interesting Patent Number/Stealth Aircraft posted by wolfbane on April 05, 2003 at 13:55:12 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]