History?

Message posted by Chris McDowell on March 26, 2003 at 12:47:35 PST:

Well, since one of my two degrees is in History, I am comfortable with the amount of history I have read. However, I never said that the U.S. was "lily-white." I may be on the young side, but I am not naive enough to think that we as a nation have no stains on our record, especially when it comes to the Middle East. But what the "blame-America-first" crowd (not necessarily including you) continually -- and conveniently -- ignores is the fact that America's contribution to the world is far, far more positive than negative. The balance is so tilted, I can't think of a sufficient superlative for it. Anyway, we're drifting from the topic -- "Lone Wolf" was asking about the origin of the antitank missiles used against American armor. Reports are that they are Russian AT-3 or AT-6 missiles, and now CNN is also reporting that when Russia sent the (well-documented) shipment of GPS jammers to Iraq very recently, they also included large amounts of night vision gear and more of these missiles.

My opinions. Your mileage may vary.
Chris M.

In Reply to: Re: [OT but holy cow] Iraq has TOW missiles! posted by Ed Ponist on March 26, 2003 at 9:55:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]