is there an aurora program at Groom lake?

Message posted by de_tpbauer on March 25, 2003 at 2:14:51 PST:

Hi,

I have my doubts with the excistence of the AURORA program, why? The US always needs an opponent if it wants new technology. In the cold war the opponent was the USSR, that's why the U2, SR-71 were devloped, but at this moment the main opponent is not the USSR but terror. Terror is a lot harder to destroy, terror is not a nation which can be hit, terror is something which is spread across the entire world and you cannot bomb terror form the sky's. So why would the US have any interest with a hypersonic aircraft? Terror is a group of people who are very hard to find. If you would drop a nuclear bomb on Afghanistan or Iraq there will only be a small number of terrorist who were killed.
I am not very sure if the AURORA program is real, for a very simple reason, the US cannot use it in a good way, if the US would have had a hypersonic aircraft during the cold war it would have been very usefull, but with the war on terror you can't use hypersonic aircraft but you need spies who go undercover with terrorist.

I would like to have your reaction on this.

tpbauer

Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes in the story, my english is not very good :(

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]