Re: Dear Webmaster (OT)

Message posted by Andrew on March 24, 2003 at 16:17:52 PST:

Toms
The flag doesn't say Joerg (or anyone here) agrees with the war, what it says is now that we are in a war, let's support the guys out there who, after all, are only doing their job. It is not for them to enter in to the debate about just and unjust wars, the President says "jump".....they just ask "how high". We have this issue in Europe right now, in the UK to be specific. If you look at the polls, any polls, the majority of UK citizens are against the war (and I'll keep my views private here)but the majority support the troops precisely because they (the troops) have no option but to do their job, which in this case just happens to be fighting.
And one other thing, isn't their something about freedom of speech, freedom of thought and freedom of action enshrined in someones constitution. You tell me, I'm just a Brit and we don't have a constitution guaranteeing those rights, we just take them on trust.

OK, I'm done (for now) and I'll hand the soap box back to Joerg to (hopefully) leave in the corner, until the next time.

PS I think some of the anti Europe rantings in the US media are inflammatory, xenophobic and racisit and if they were about US blacks, the perpetrators would be tried in a court of law. Please revisit my line about freedoms.

In Reply to: Dear Webmaster (OT) posted by Toms on March 24, 2003 at 15:22:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]