Re: Jerry Freemans

Message posted by eyezoftheworld on March 22, 2003 at 0:08:12 PST:

Mr. Freeman definitely made his trip. I've spoken at length with the reporter who took on Freeman's story. I was close to speaking with Mr. Freeman but unfortunately my attempt came a few months after he passed away. The video does not contain footage from the walk itself as he was rarely awake & moving during daylight hours. Not sure what it's of but i still might try to get a hold of it and i guess for some reason, if it's worth it to, get it archived on the web. As you should have deduced from the article, Mr. Freeman had no interest in UFO's, military aircraft, cold war relics, protesting the government, Groom Lake, Area 51... he just wanted to retrace a route taken by the 49er's and find an inscription in a canyon wall. Sadly, he didn't find it. His planning wasn't the best, in my opinion, as far as water and food went. When he was in the general vicinity of the inscription he didn't have a lot of freedom to openly look for what he wanted to find: impossible in the dark, to use artificial light woulda been foolish & to be openly wandering around in the daylight woulda been foolish as well. Also, to say Groom Lake in the same sentence as Jerry Freeman is almost foolish in itself. He was maybe 13 miles away, something like that, whatever the distance is from the hills just south of Papoose Lake. I'm not even sure he had a good, clear view of Papoose during the daytime.

In Reply to: Re: Jerry Freemans posted by Chris McDowell on March 16, 2003 at 9:47:21 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]