Groom Lake on the National Register of Historic Places?

Message posted by EyezOfTheWorld on February 22, 2003 at 11:11:12 PST:

Hey Now!

I've had this idea for awhile now, don't know if anyone's ever attempted it, don't know what you folks think about it but the idea is to formally nominate Groom Lake to be included on the National Register of Historic Places.

Some might think - what's the use, it'll never happen. Some might think it might draw too much attention to Area 51. Others might think it's worth a shot, won't hurt nothin', probably won't cost much more than a 37¢ stamp.

Any thoughts?

Chris

p.s. hiya, i'm chris, from time to time i read the forums here and have made a few comments, nothing important, love the site, i'm not an alien conspiracy theorist nor a military aircraft nut, just someone interested in general in Area 51 (and Nellis & the NTS) and what goes on out there. Since there's another Chris who's been posting here longer than I, when refering to anything i might say, if you ever have a reason to, call me Eyez, that works. Joerg - great work on the site! Am looking forward to getting myself out there one of these days, been to Vegas several times, but never up to the Dreamland area. Hope to file a Trip Report that's well... uhhhh... can't speak much of it now, or anything of it now, top secret but hopefully it won't be quite the same as most of the rest: Mailbox, Groom Lake Road, Cammo Dudes, Tikaboo, yada yada yada... I've got something in mind that'll hopefully blow all y'all's minds.

Attached link: http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/forms.html

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]