Re: EdwardsAFB View

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on February 04, 2003 at 14:08:27 PST:

Hello, Sam

I understand your eagerness to see the panoramic photos of Edwards AFB from the secluded location mentioned before. Unfortunately and shamefully, I am not a camera person so I didn't carry any cameras with me. Also time is another factor which didn't allow me to visit the place over and over again. Joerg, our webmaster who is always equipped with fine cameras and telescopic lenses, hopes he could go to the location as soon as time allows. (I was also wondering if Gary had take any photos when he visited there).
But, in the meantime, I would encourage anyone to go to the spot. Or, if you know of anyone living in Southern California who doesn't mind going to the spot and take the photos for you, I would encourage you to contact that person.
Anyway, the direction to the spot, located on an unicorporated area just east of Lancaster, once again is:

From Los Angeles area, take Highway 14 north to Avenue F. Exit on Avenue F and go east. Make a left on Sierra Highway and go north till you get to Avenue E.
Turn right on Avenue E, going east till 140th Street.
Make a right on 140th Street, going south to Avenue G.
Make a left on Avenue G, going east to 200th Street East. Make a left on 200th Street East, going north.
You will get to the dirt road extension going north, and will come to the spot. It is safe, quiet and absolutely no one will be there.

In Reply to: Re: EdwardsAFB View posted by SAM on February 03, 2003 at 20:13:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]