Re: I was with norio that day as a matter of fact i drove him there

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on January 24, 2003 at 21:55:08 PST:

This spot is an excellent place to view edwards and I do mean all of it minus the canceled x-33, launch site and norht edwards.
when we arrived some sort of, either bombing or artillery excerise was taking place. Possible f-16 or f-15e was undergoing testing of some sort. Later on as we heading back to L.A. a black looking non-armed
MD-500 helicopter was possibly observing us. This the 2nd time i have had an enconter with such a helicopter. The first time I saw this heli, was when I took a guest to see the x-33 launch site then proceeded to former george AFB Now called southern california logistics airport. As we stopped near the tower to read the plauqes as to the history of the base. I do believe this was the same heli, and the crew of said heli, at that time scurried rather quickly to get in and began orbitting us for some time for a minute or two. I suspect that this heli maybe part of some security observation company like wacky-nut, oops meant whacken hut or part of the scout recon force for the red hawks army reserve base at the western end of So.Cal.Airport.

In Reply to: The most ideal location to view Edwards AFB from an elevation posted by Norio Hayakawa on January 23, 2003 at 22:52:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]