The most ideal location to view Edwards AFB from an elevation

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on January 23, 2003 at 22:52:40 PST:

The most ideal, secluded location from where to view the entire length of Edwards Air Force Base in California, from an elevation is from the north-extending dirt road extension of 200th Street East at Avenue G in Palmdale.

The sight, located on public land, is magnificent to say the least.
From here one can see the entire span of Edwards Air Force Base, a 180-degree "million dollar" view of the entire base, runaways, hangars, buildings, including the Dryden Space Research complex.
It is an ideal spot, secluded and has a great elevation vantage.
In Nevada, I have viewed the Groom Lake complex quite a number of times from atop both the White Sides and the Freedom Ridge before they were declared off-limits to the public. Indeed the view of the Groom Lake complex from the Freedom Ridge was a splendid, magnificent view.

But this view of Edwards Air Force Base in California from the extended dirt road extension of 200 Street East in Palmdale is equally as magnificent as the view of Area 51 from the Freedom Ridge.

I highly recommend this spot for any avid military aviation buffs.

You can see the hustle and bustle of the base with all types of military aircraft taking off and landing. The nighttime view of the base is simply magnificent!!

You will have a great time with your scanners.

Directions to get to this "million-dollar" spot:

From Los Angeles area, take Highway 14 north to Avenue F. Exit on Avenue F and go east. Make a left on Sierra Highway and go north till you get to Avenue E.
Turn right on Avenue E, going east till 140th Street.
Make a right on 140th Street, going south to Avenue G.
Make a left on Avenue G, going east to 200th East.
Make a left on 200th Street East, going north.
You will get to the dirt road extension going north.

If Joerg, Gary or anyone with the dreamland resort ever come to the Los Angeles area, please contact me.
I will be glad to take you to this location.

Photo will follow soon.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]