Re: fly-over video of Dreamland???

Message posted by Gunslinger on December 30, 2000 at 14:30:09 EST:

Personally, I really don't think it would be hard at all to take 'covert' photos of Area 51.

You start with an 'aircraft' that looks like a large bird, complete to shape and painted colorations. Second, you fill 'dead' space in the body with helium balloons for added lift. then you power it with a very small (and very quiet) electric ducted fan. (It won't be fast... but hey.)

Next, you pre-program it's course into it. this way it doesn't require external control, and it also doesn't 'radiate' an energy signiture to be detected.

Finally, in the belly of the bird you put a small, 'infinate focus' camera...

That's how I would do it, anyway, if I were going to do it. After all, on radar it would show uop as the size and RCS of a bird, visually it would like like a bird, and it wouldn't be giving off any heat or electronic signals.

You wouldn't get a strcit video-fly over, since it's a still camera - but any medium-to-good graphics animation program can create a video sequance where it uses the data from two 'frames' to generate the ones in between.

In Reply to: Re: fly-over video of Dreamland??? posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on December 30, 2000 at 08:36:08 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]