Re: Badger Mountain

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on October 06, 2002 at 15:22:59 PST:

You may be right about the UHF antenna. The short "stub" above the "hat" does look similar in design to the new antennas on the cammo trucks. Good catch. And the design of the groundplane would "guide" the signal down into the valley.

I looked at my photos again, and it looks like the wire coming down from it goes into the electronics box, and not as I had originally thought to a ground anchor.

So, is this a communications relay site for the cammos? In that case it would seem that instead of Mt. Irish there is now a new relay site somewhere east of the Pahranagat Range, while Area 51 and the Ranges are west.

As you can see in this photo the dishes are directed roughly parallel to the ground, which seems to indicate that they are aiming at a distant point. IMO, if they were directed towards a point in Pahranagat Valley they would be pointed more downwards.

I did not find any lables or placards other than the ones shown in the photos, which according to what you said would indicate that it is military.

Thanks for your input. I hope we get some more feedback on this

In Reply to: Re: Badger Mountain posted by DaveB on October 06, 2002 at 12:36:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]