Re: Second Sample

Message posted by Gunslinger on December 26, 2000 at 21:05:38 EST:

Yes, I know about the wheels - I 'dropped' the aircraft into the setting a couple of inches too low. this, however, is a perfect example of why i'm looking for somebody with a more powerful computer - that render took two hours, thirty-seven minutes to perform. I didn't feel like doing it again just to get the aircraft to the right height.
There was also a couple of other little 'glitches' in the layout. What I do is correct each version from the last. the next one I do will have the mistakes from this one corrected - which means all you guys will ever see is the 'work in progress'. You'll never see a 'perfect' sample, until (a) I finish the entire project, or (b) somebody else gets the programs and feels like rendering as many varuiations of the 'perfect' file for that particular 'area'. (For ease of use, I'm doing the major buildings in 'groups' that roughly correspond to the sat photos.)
The final step, when everything else is done, will to be to create a 'height map', a 3D contour map of the Groom basin, sized for my rendition of the base. This will then provide the correct 'backgrounds' for the buildings, as well as the 'slope' down into the dry lake bed - but that won't be for quite a while yet...

As for the aircraft - it's a quickie 'one off' design I did some time ago. It's actually a Cessna. The aircraft i produced was from design sheets of an aircraft they never built. R&D 'tinkered' with this one before moving on to the 'Dragonfly' that actually entered service.

In Reply to: Re: Second Sample posted by Magoo on December 26, 2000 at 20:54:41 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]