Re:... Groom 3D Sample. (Take a look)

Message posted by Gunslinger on December 26, 2000 at 17:10:48 EST:

Of course - these images are free of any copyright, exclusive or implied. (*Grin*)

As I said, the sample one is a low-quality render. When I really get rolling, it'll include such things as 'bitmap' details, which allow for a much more detailed image. As a matter of fact, I'm planning to do a higher-quality (but smaller size) render later tonigh. I'll drop a link for it in here, so you can get a better idea of what the final product will look like.

Doing the actual work is only time-consuming and technically 'annoying', as I'm extrapolating data from several differnt photos to get the measurements for the buildings, as well as placement of doors, windows, etc. While I can sometimes 'steal' details from simalr buildings at non-classified locations, only the sides that are visable in photos such as the panoramic ones posted on this site are anything close to accurate. However, the fact that you can render from any veiwpoint at all allow for much more 'intense' visualization. The angle and distance of the one I posted are really 'unreal', given the circumstances. Once I have a little more put together, I'll start doing renders where the 'camera' is about five feet off the ground... (*grin*)

In Reply to: Re:... Groom 3D Sample. (Take a look) posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 26, 2000 at 16:51:28 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]