Area 51 / Moon landing hoax

Message posted by Magoo on August 10, 2002 at 4:12:10 PST:

WHERE'S EVERYONE BEEN LATELY? DID SOMEONE ACCIDENTALLY TRIP OVER THE POWER CORD AND PULL THE PLUG OUT OF THE SOCKET???

Anyway, I know it's been discussed before so I'll apologise in advance, but I've just seen the 'Did we land on the moon?' Conspiracy Theory show. What a load of crap!!!

A couple of points regarding the Area 51 side of things...

1 - They kept calling the cratered part of the NTS "Area 51", when in fact Frenchmans Flat and the other 'cratered' areas are at least 25 miles and two valleys from the restricted area around Groom Lake! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Sedan Crater is the closest, and that's still 10+ miles from Gate 700. This indicates a real lack of research on their part, which is precisely what should have been the focus of the program. I mean, if you're going to start claiming one of the most important events in history was a hoax, you'd better have your facts straight!

2 - There was no mention of how the craters in the NTS were formed. You would think this would have some bearing on the story for the lay-people watching it. The fact that a moon crater and a crater made by a ground-shot nuke is irrelevant, except perhaps that the force of a meteorite hitting the moon is similar that of a nuclear explosion.

3 - They claimed the hangars at Area 51 are the perfect size for a large sound stage. Yep, and guess what, they're also perfect for aircraft too!!!

Anyway, for what it's worth, the conspiracy theorists may or may not have several small bits of fairly flimsy evidence which continues to fuel their anxiety, but for me, I prefer to believe it did happen and will continue to do so until I see CONCLUSIVE proof otherwise.

I'd be interested in the input/opinions of our resident physicists, Tom and Hal, but it's probably best to email me rather than drift further off-topic in this forum.

Magoo

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]