NEVADA RADIO INTERFERENCE

Message posted by Jose on July 21, 2002 at 2:27:08 PST:

Interesting!

MERCURY -- The exceptionally qualified witnesses were traveling in a two car convoy on Highway 95 east of Mercury, NV on both June 23 and 26, 2002, using 14 channel handheld radios, for communication between vehicles. On both the trip north and on the return trip south we noticed very strong broadband radio interference with both our radios for a period of tens of minutes 30 miles east of Area 51. I have tested these radios and they break the preset squelch at a distance of about 2 miles, broadcasting an estimated 500 mw at roughly 440 MHz. The interference we observed broke the squelch many times on the radios. If the distance between us and the transmitting antenna was 30 miles, the transmitter would have been transmitting at least 5 kW in a narrow band of one channel. I observed that the interference occurred in all 14 bands of our radios, so this would indicated a broadband transmission of at least 70 kW to achieve this phenomenon. The total power from the transmitter could be much higher, depending on the bandwidth. It is well known that typical military broadband radios transmit only a few watts or less. The only use I know of for very high power broadband radio transmissions is to transmit over extreme distances. I once calculated that I could transmit a receivable signal over 2 million miles (the distance to Mars at close approach) with only a few hundred milliwatt's of output power if I used a broad bandwidth of 10 MHz. I cannot guess what would require the kind of broadband power that I observed near Area 51. Thanks to NUFORC

Source: UFOInfo.com

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]