Re: Fastmover of the past? Photoshop recreation

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Q-nimbus (Member since 08/20/2020) on April 26, 2023 at 10:23:33 PST:

The funny thing about the contrail image is that it proves itself to be fake. The reason is that aircraft don’t fly rhumb lines when flying to the other side of the world, i.e. a continuous heading (about 090 degrees in this case). When aircraft fly long distances with they fly great circles routes.

The weather image seems to be a Lambert Conformal Projected map, and somebody without any knowledge about navigating on a globe like the Earth would presume that the shortest route would be flying along the Earth’s parallels, as it would seem on a Mercator Projected Map, which is the type of map most of us are familiar with.

However, on a Lambert Conformal Projected map a straight line is indeed the shortest way between two points. But as we can see, the contrail in the image is NOT straight. It’s curved. It’s parallel to, yes indeed, the Earth’s parallels.

If you were to draw a straight line between the beginning and the end of the contrail, you would see that it’s curved compared to the parallels, and that each meridian would be crossed at a different heading.

That’s not the case.

You can be assured that every flight will be planned along Great Circle routes. It’s basic navigational knowledge for every aviator and sailor.

The fact that on the weather image that’s not the case can only be because of one reason: whoever made the image doesn’t know how to navigate on a globe.

I do, I’m an airline pilot myself.

The weather radar image with the contrail is a 100% fake.

In Reply to: Re: Fastmover of the past? Photoshop recreation posted by Ramo on April 25, 2023 at 23:35:01 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: