Re: Old High Range Repeater Gate

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on March 19, 2023 at 13:50:46 PST:

I have been up to that gate and to the boundary within sight of the old tower. I had photos of the gate and of the tower but... you guessed it: The FBI has them now, holding them hostage along with my other data!

You used to be able to drive right up to the gate. The road is steep and eroded, but was doable for a small 4WD vehicle or quad. I have not been up there in years, so I don't know what the road looks like now.

From memory I believe there is only a chain or possibly a simple boom across the road. There is no fence on either side, just orange posts. It is fairly easy to hike along the line of posts (on the outside!) to within less than 200 feet of the tower that the repeater was mounted to. The tower sits just inside the boundary. Last time I was up there I did not see any sign of recent activity.

In Reply to: Old High Range Repeater Gate posted by Art Bell on March 19, 2023 at 9:29:55 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: