Re: balloon

Help keep this
web site online

>>> We are still 39% short of our monthly goal. Please help keep Dreamland Resort online. <<<

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Ron (Member since 07/25/2009) on February 04, 2023 at 18:43:48 PST:

No problem. I know someone :), well, who worked there. Here is a great summary of the event https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/f-22-shoots-down-chinese-spy-balloon-off-carolinas-with-missile Unlike Aviation Week, they found a photo of a RAPTOR shooting the AIM-9X... I love this homage to Air Force heritage "NORTHCOM confirmed that the F-22s flying with the call signs "FRANK01" and "FRANK02", was indeed an homage to World War One flying ace and U.S. Army Air Service Medal of Honor recipient First Lieutenant Frank Luke Jr, better known as the "Arizona Balloon Buster" who destroyed 14 German balloons and four aircraft. From U.S. Northern Command, I can confirm the call sign was a nod to Frank Luke," Air Force Col. Elizabeth Mathias, a NORTHCOM spokesperson, told The War Zone.

In Reply to: Re: balloon posted by The Bothan Spy on February 04, 2023 at 17:25:06 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: