Re: Rachel, NV for sale

Message posted by Bob M on June 22, 2002 at 15:05:42 PST:

There is a guy in Rachel that is selling his 5 acres and 2 trailers that are on it, I believe he has a sign out on 375 by the old Research Center, it is old and weather beaten. The property has a lot of junk he says comes with the land (Old cars and the like) and it has a great irrigation system with sprinklers and a place for a garden he once had.

One of the trailers is fairly nice and has cold a/c, he also has a "Bomb shelter" kinda thing, it is a hole in the ground that is large enough to stand up in once your down in it and room to move inside, it has a metal ladder going down to it. If your looking to set up a place in Rachel that is the way to go.

If you figure that 5 acres will sell for about $8000 and then you have to dig a well and hook up to electricity, plus the cost of buying and moving a trailer to Rachel, this is a way better deal.

When I was looking he wanted $35,000 for everything, but he REALLY wants to go and I bet he would take $25,000. If your just want some land, Rachel is a deal compared to the rest of rural Nevada.

My wife and I are buying 5 acres off of Fay Day and it cost us $8000, if you look in most "Ghost towns" in Nevada, where the town is dead and no signs of life you will usually pay more, that's why we bought in Rachel. At least this is what I found when I was looking, but it didn't matter, once my wife and I visited Rachel the first time we wanted to own a plot there. Bob

In Reply to: Rachel, NV for sale posted by fastwalker on June 21, 2002 at 23:57:29 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]