Re: Was the Dorito a demonstrator for current projects?

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Peter Merlin (Member since 11/13/2003) on December 07, 2022 at 7:28:07 PST:

In 2014, there was a sighting of several aircraft flying together over Amarillo, Texas. In the original fuzzy images they looked very much like the B-2. It was only after they were "enhanced" that the craft looked like something else. I don't trust the enhancement. I believe they were B-2s and, eventually, I think they were confirmed as such.

A second sighting that same year near Wichita, Kansas, appeared to show a triangular airplane. That image also appeared to be a modified picture of a B-2. The triangular shape alone was suspicious, but there were also other features that suggested a B-2 that have been pointed out elsewhere online.

More recently, a photographer (who, in UFO circles would be called a "repeater") offered up a few pictures that appeared to show a B-2 flying formation with a B-21. Upon studying the original images, I noticed some details on the "B-21" that were specific to the B-2 and would not likely be identical on the new bomber. Indeed, now that I have seen the B-21 rollout, I am even more confident in my judgement. Just for fun, I played with the pictures in Photoshop. I changed the B-2 into a B-21 and the "B-21" into a B-2. The results seemed to confirm my theory that the "original" image had been tampered with.

So far, the only legitimate "Dorito" sightings appear to be the three suspected images of the RQ-180 over California, Nevada, and the Philippines.

In Reply to: Re: Was the Dorito a demonstrator for current projects? posted by Zorro on December 06, 2022 at 20:52:12 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: