Re: XCOR at Mojave (OT)

Message posted by gary on June 21, 2002 at 12:41:22 PST:

Rocket test delayed again.

Subject: EZ-Rocket flight reschedule #2: Monday, June 24, 7am

The Friday flight was again scrubbed due to unfavorable winds. We would
like to perform a touch-and-go under rocket power and in order to do this
we need to take off from a specific runway, so that there is an abort
runway in the correct position as our pilot turns to circle the
airport. Today the winds were not unusually strong (they were 80 M.P.H.
on Wednesday!) but they were favoring the wrong runway.

The EZ-Rocket is scheduled to fly at the Mojave Civilian Flight Test Center
on Monday, June 24 at approximately 7am. This schedule is tentative and
subject to change due to weather, wind conditions and flight readiness.

If you wish to attend the flight, please contact Aleta Jackson at (661)
824-4714 or

In Reply to: XCOR at Mojave (OT) posted by gary on June 17, 2002 at 13:20:02 PST:


[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]