One black night at Boscombe Down in 1994 - rumors, evidence,

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by BlackShadow (Member since 01/29/2012) on September 22, 2022 at 13:42:27 PST:

This comes over and over again. There are particular places around the world where mind blows, especially when it comes to military aviation and things related to it. Late 80's and early 90's was a time of increasement capabilities both in coatings(yes, I'm referring to stealth), systems and propulsion methods. F-117 came out of black and was used during Desert Storm. B-2 was made back then. Only one can hazard a guess and say what was going on during that time but there is evidence of strange things that has happened then. I'll provide SoCal skyquakes as a good example.

Time goes by but there are things that may stay black for a long, long time. One of the events, that is typed as urban legend today, is Boscombe Down incident that occured in 1994. Internet is full of false info or BS stories but there are places and certain aviation sites, military workers and their buddies that can give some light on the things they 'may' heard of.
I can only guess about credibility of informations I've heard but I was fortunate enough to talk with some people that 'may' know some not-so-white things.

I will say it again, I'm not sure whether the infos I've heard are true, so please take it with a big grain of salt!

What I've heard from my crystal ball(s)? :
(this is something I have really hard time when trying to believe it but who knows?) It was a take off incident, not a landing one.
The aircraft was colored black and gray.
The aircraft was had a stealth capabilities
C-5 came for the aircraft and took it to KPMD(Plant 42 site)
The aircraft was in the UK because of the exercises(well, that is interesting...)
The aircraft was after Full Operational Capability, so it rules out of it being demonstrator or prototype.
The aircraft was there at Boscombe for more than 24 hours before the incident
The UK was involved in program as it was cooperation between US and UK.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to cross-check with my other source which stated that the aircraft was just a test platform that failed on take off.

No way to know what is a true and what's not but that is what I was able to collect.

Cheers!

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title: