Re: Senior Cejay / Aurora

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by casper_n (Member since 01/24/2011) on August 19, 2022 at 12:33:00 PST:

If it hasn't already been happening that way, I think it certainly will in the future.

When they were talking a lot about the new digital design capabilities for the T/A-7 (and NGAD), there was an interview published with the Air Force’s Deputy Assistant Secretary for Science, Technology and Engineering, Kristen Baldwin.

She said, "digital engineering starts with model-based systems engineering. And we’ve been implementing this for decades now. But what’s really new is today’s instantiation, along with modern data analytics and computing capabilities, creates a transformational opportunity. So as the Air Force and space force fully embrace digital engineering, we’re seeing benefits, such as we’re able to model 1000s of different design concepts early on in acquisition, before a program even starts. And then billions of design trades can be assessed. And if you pair this with artificial intelligence, we have an opportunity for a more optimized system design."

If I could bold, I'd have bolded the model 1000s of designs part. So, the Air Force and its key vendors are modeling and then using AI to chose the optimal design. Computers are computers and they're going to come up with very similar results if given the same constraints. While Northrop and Lockheed's own secret sauces are backed into their respective algorithms, the general data is probably going to be fairy similar once a computer "perfect" design is applied.

In Reply to: Re: Senior Cejay / Aurora posted by Ty on August 19, 2022 at 12:24:33 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: