Re: Red Flag MiGs at Area 51

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Q-nimbus (Member since 08/20/2020) on July 13, 2022 at 15:12:13 PST:

As much as I would like this to be true, I think it’s very unlikely they’re using actual MiG’s during Red Flag, or NGAD’s.

If you wanted to test foreign airframes or the NGAD it’s much easier to pick a few guys from whichever squadron, swear them to silence and let them fly against a Sukhoi or NGAD prototype. It’s much easier and generates a lot less attention then flying aircraft out of Groom Lake with ‘MiG’ as a callsign during a major exercise.

But that doesn’t make these sorties out of Groom Lake any less interesting. We’ve all seen the pictures of the patches a few years ago taken in Star Wars Canyon and it seems at least some of the F16’s stationed at Area 51 are part of something like the Red Hats, although probably in a different form and name.

I’m willing to bet the the ‘MiG’s’ flying out of Area 51 during Red Flag actually are a sort of agressor squadron of F16’s using Russian techniques and especially Russian electronics to see how their fellow pilots handle it.

It’s deja vu al over again.

In Reply to: Re: Red Flag MiGs at Area 51 posted by Crammy Jr on July 13, 2022 at 14:44:22 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: