Re: Pads near Cockeyed Ridge South East of Groom

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Skeet (Member since 06/29/2022) on July 05, 2022 at 13:28:01 PST:

The 20 years came from the fact that the site was built between 2000-2001 so I'm assuming trials and testing started then.

"Anti-stealth" is a press buzzword and a slight misnomer in my opinion. Stealth aircraft aren't completely invisible to radar but do have a significantly reduced RCS. It get's easier to track them the closer they are. There was an F117 that was shot down in Yugoslavia in 1999 by an on Soviet SAM from the 1960's. It was detected at a range of around 23km.

I was referencing anti-stealth in the context of an advanced radar system that could detect and accurately track stealth aircraft at a much greater distance. It stands to reason that if the Chinese have developed a system like this then the US is almost certainly a few years (or decades) ahead.

This all speculation and I'm by no means a radar expert so I might be entirely wrong.

Attached link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_F-117A_shootdown

In Reply to: Re: Pads near Cockeyed Ridge South East of Groom posted by LDP on July 05, 2022 at 6:26:02 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: