A note to Smythers

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Artie Ziff (Member since 01/03/2022) on June 10, 2022 at 19:06:36 PST:

Hello, I just wanted to say a "Thank You" to Smythers for the observation last October regarding image stabilized binoculars. I picked up a pair of Canon 18x50 IS UD 3.7degree glasses shortly afterward and living near Plant 42 and Edwards, I'm just having a blast. These things are incredible, and I understand that they're just binoculars, right up until you push the little button on top... then everything changes. The first thing I looked at was the inside of the wheel well of a U-2 over the house turning toward P42 and I mean INSIDE. The best thing is an All Nippon Airways 787 on it's way in from Narita flying toward the morning sun above me at 42,000ft, 15 miles distant. I can read the ANA clearly on the tail, it's livery and aerodynamic details. The only limitation is my primary stabilizing platform (me). One of these days though, I'm hoping here's going to be something really interesting at the end of that really high contrail

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: