Re: Sunday flights

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on June 07, 2022 at 12:17:23 PST:

Welcome to the DLR forum and thanks for following us for a long time. I am still researching the needed data rate, hardware and other consideration to stream audio. The real limiting factor though is the cost and availability of high speed internet. In Vegas I pay $70 for 150Mbps. Here in Rachel the fastest speed we can get is 100Mbps for a whopping $327 a month. I don't think anyone in town has tried if they can actually deliver that speed. Personally I doubt it. To this day the internet slows to a crawl whenever exercises in the ranges involve jamming.

All data and voice comms to and from Rachel go through a single microwave link from a location near Rachel to a passive reflector panel and on to Alamo. The only way to improve speed and reliability of our internet would be to replace the passive reflector with an active repeater. But for maybe 20 subscribers I don't see that happening any time soon.

In Reply to: Re: Sunday flights posted by Ya Mum on June 07, 2022 at 2:26:19 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: