Re: 800-1200mm telephoto lens - good enuff for Tikaboo?

Message posted by Brian on May 26, 2002 at 16:24:07 PST:

Not quite sure what you mean by "folded optics", but I now have the lens in my possession, and have been doing some owl photography with it, to test it out, until my next trek to the Border, which will (hopefully) be this coming week sometime.

Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask you guys, how often do most of you get out to the border areas? Unfortunately for me, I'm down here in the Antelope Valley, so I only get up to the border maybe 2-3 times a year, I'd like to increase that, seems like I'm missing out on a lot of good stuff!

There is a locking ring which you have to open to zoom it in and out. And yes, it's a really long lens, the aperture at 1200mm is 14.9, so I guess there's only one way to find out. I do alot of airshow and landscape photography outside of my "real" job, so I know this lens most likely wont compare to my other lenses, but I thought I'd give it a shot. If all else fails, I can get some potentially good closeup shots of the Cammos.

In Reply to: Re: 800-1200mm telephoto lens - good enuff for Tikaboo? posted by gary on May 26, 2002 at 0:06:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]