Re: Is Brilliant Buzzard a misidentified Rutan Long-EZ?

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Pod (Member since 04/14/2021) on May 01, 2022 at 20:41:13 PST:

The strange thing about all of this is the Beech Starship and Long EZ are much smaller aircraft in physical size than the supposed Brilliant Buzzard plane that apparently was 200 feet or more in size. At the time of some of those sightings there were less than ten Beech Starship aircraft flying in the U.S. (and even less today). I get that some people were likely not familiar with the size of aircraft and/or shapes of aircraft. But some buzzard sightings specifically stated jet engines not props and I suspect some contractor built a demonstrator for whatever reason. After Challenger exploded I suspect money was available for ambitious companies to build a rapid deploy system as someone likely didn't believe the shuttle could cut it anymore. As it turns out they were right. So where did the money come from? In the age of $200 toilet seats and $500 hammers this money was coming from somewhere (potentially). Creative accounting practices have been used in places you least expect it too.

In Reply to: Re: Is Brilliant Buzzard a misidentified Rutan Long-EZ? posted by quellish on April 30, 2022 at 17:04:29 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: