Re: NNSS Tour

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Capt Scott Cook (Member since 05/15/2018) on April 25, 2022 at 14:17:17 PST:

I learned that the hard way. During our stop for lunch I was standing in line. Being a firefighter I was wearing my department shirt when someone from the fire department stepped up behind me. I just simply said hello and proceeded to get my order and then as I walked out I turned and said Be safe. Our tour group was eating in a different room from the workers. As I went to enter that room one of our tour guides pulled my wife and I off to the side and had us eat in a different room separate from everyone else. I later learned that they went and questioned that firefighter and then scolded us in not talking to anybody. And we couldnt leave the room till the bus was ready to leave. We were told that we were running late and that we were going to head back to Vegas.

I was lead to believe that the group was being "kicked out" because of that "incident". We did however turn off the highway and drove through Ground Zero. We ended up back in Vegas 3 hours ahead of our scheduled due back time.

An interesting tidbit of the whole thing was two people joined the group by meeting us out at the freeway. Our IDs were only checked in Vegas. When we got to the guard post he just came on the bus and handed us badges and that was it.

In Reply to: Re: NNSS Tour posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 25, 2022 at 14:02:03 PST:

Replies:

Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
E-Mail:
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: