Re: Salary and phones

Help keep this
web site online

[ Post a Reply ] [ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]

Message posted by Peter Merlin (Member since 11/13/2003) on March 30, 2022 at 13:25:46 PST:

The goggles, or safety glasses, with fogged lenses are called "foggles." It's a marginally nicer alternative than having a cloth bag put over your head, which was done in the past. I know a few people who went through that including my brother-in-law, who had the misfortune to make an emergency landing at TTR in the 1980s, while he was in the Air Force. Incidentally, civilian flight students use a type of foggles during instrument training.

This era of personal electronic devices has complicated life for people who work in areas that require special security. Someone posted maps that tracked fitness devices worn by military service members at Groom Lake and a variety of overseas deployment locations. That problem should have been anticipated as soon as they came on the market.

In Reply to: Re: Salary and phones posted by Art Bell on March 30, 2022 at 7:54:44 PST:


Post a Reply

(*) are required fields
Name (*):
Password (*):
Subject (*):
Message (*):

Optional information:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]