Re: Question to Smythers

Message posted by Q-Nimbus (Member since 08/20/2020) on September 13, 2021 at 3:29:16 PST:

Aurora

The only thing I believe that could be responsible for all the reports surrounding Machrihanish and the so called Aurora myth in the nineties and that justifies being still classified after 25+ years is a hypersonic,
probably nuclear, bomber.

A forward deployment to Machrihanish would make sense, and the reason for it being still classified is that it would be against at least one, and probably several nuclear treaties between the USA and USSR. Some of these treaties are still in effect and therefor declassifying an aircraft like this would be admitting to breaking a treaty, and that is not going to happen.

If true, it would also mean it was operational, albeit probably in very small numbers.

This is my own thesis, but I think this is one of the few if not the only plausible reason for an aircraft like this to be still classified. I also believe my thesis only has a very slim chance of being true - my belief is that there hasn’t, and never has been, an *operational* black project. Look at the F117 and more recently the RQ-180; even back then in the eighties it turned out we had a pretty good idea of what was going on, just like now with the RQ-180.

But I sure hope I’m wrong! And if I’m wrong, than it must be because of this.

I’m curious if Mr. Smythers has something to say about this…

In Reply to: Question to Smythers posted by Speedy on September 06, 2021 at 14:13:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]