Re: ADS-B: which service/gear do people here use?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on August 19, 2021 at 16:33:56 PST:

Great, the more feeders the better. Especially in areas that don't have good coverage. I feed to ADSBExchange, Flightradar24 and Flightaware.

Using a fresh Raspberry Pi I first installed the ADSBExchange image, configured it for WiFi etc. and then added the Flightaware and Flightradar24 feeders from the respective web sites. Works like a charm.

The attached link is the antenna I use. I use several of Dave's antennas for various purposes. They all have been exposed to the harsh Rachel climate for over a decade with no issues whatsoever. Not to mention they provide excellent coverage.

I recently upgraded from a $20 SDR to the $40 "FlightAware Pro Stick Plus". It increased my range by at least 20%.

Attached link: https://dpdproductions.com/collections/aviation-base-mobile-antennas/products/ads-b-vertical-outdoor-base-antenna

In Reply to: ADS-B: which service/gear do people here use? posted by Theran Davis on August 19, 2021 at 16:05:31 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]