Mysterious High-Altitude Airspace Closure Appears Alongside Nellis Range Complex

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) (Member since 10/17/2000) on August 12, 2021 at 12:06:11 PST:

See attached link. The ALTRV is in an ideal location to allow transit from the R-2508 complex to the NTTR (or vice versa). The time (11pm-3am tonight) is consistent with missions usually flown in the NTTR. The altitude FL450 to FL600 is up there, but for modern jets well within the envelope. If I was a betting man I would put my money on an unmanned asset, possibly operating autonomous, coming to the NTTR to play. Likely using the unique ECR assets we have here. Skyborg comes to mind.

Tuesday night we had a fairly large exercise around that time involving USN VX-9 F-35C callsign "Vampire" from China Lake, 422TES/31TES F-35A callsign "Bolt" and others. Refueling was provided by Medusa 89, a KC-46 from Altus AFB. The players from the R-2508 complex transitioned to the NTTR using a similar corridor as the ALTRV in the attached article. May or may not be related.

Attached link: The Warzone: Mysterious High-Altitude Airspace Closure Appears Alongside Nellis Range Complex

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]